Friday 2 March 2018

Art journaling in miniature


OOOh I love anything small! And art journal pages are no exception, it's such a great way to try out new techniques, play around with backgrounds, and a good way to use up little collage images. I know I'm not the only one who likes things in miniature - this is always a popular class when I teach it!

I taught this class recently at Art from the Heart (Harrogate UK), and we began by making a colourful background on an A4 sheet and then cut it up to make smaller cards. I'm not working to ATC size here, my cards are quite random. If you look closely you'll see they are actually different sizes!





And this next one was going great until I accidentally cut half the quote off down the side LOL!


Sometimes I actually work in a small Moleskine journal but very often I work on loose card and then store them all in little bags I made using a Tim Holtz die. (Sadly I don't think this die is available any more).


Bye for now!

12 comments:

  1. I am with you Kate, I adore artwork in miniature. Love your trademark wonderful colours and markings . Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so joyful Kate!! I love all these yummy colors and layers- a delight for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work!!! Love these little pieces of art! They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always seem to practice in ATC size and usually like them more than the larger projects! These are beautiful Kate, you have such a wonderful way with colour! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe that will be the secret to my art journaling success! I try to work in larger journals and I just get stuck. I adore ATCs - make them all the time. I need to start thinking smaller with art journals, too. Thanks, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these little works of art, always love your work :) The colours always make me smile and the sentiments seem to work for me. Have a creative weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful!!! Love the bright fun colors :) ~Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are SO vibrant with their bright colours - really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful artworks Kate, mini is great !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these are so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!